Lethargic Hen/Pullet

I would Recommend separating her. I have a similar problem. I had sour crop a few times and haven't been able to cure it. Try massaging her crop while holding her head towards the ground of nothing comes out then its something else.

Just took her to a friend’s house and did an ultrasound. She has an agg, but it appears to be soft shelled. Save her some calcium powder. 1/4teaspoon. Will probably do a warm bath today and if she is trying to push the egg out I will try to help her out. It also appears to be sideways.

Yes, she is in a cage in the garage. I do visit her, and I am trying to get her to eat. Will probably try eggs and/or yogurt later this evening.

I would Recommend separating her. I have a similar problem. I had sour crop a few times and haven't been able to cure it. Try massaging her crop while holding her head towards the ground of nothing comes out then its something else.
@Laineybug you may have missed it since there's quite a few posts - Cowboy's hen seems to have an egg stuck sideways (had an ultrasound). He has her separated so he can watch her. Here's hoping she can expel it.

@Laineybug you may have missed it since there's quite a few posts - Cowboy's hen seems to have an egg stuck sideways (had an ultrasound). He has her separated so he can watch her. Here's hoping she can expel it.
She is really alert, eats clover and grass, drinks water... Should I just put her back outside and see what happens? I haven't seen her pass the egg at all, so that's really weird.

She is really alert, eats clover and grass, drinks water... Should I just put her back outside and see what happens? I haven't seen her pass the egg at all, so that's really weird.
If she is able to move around and defend herself, then yes I would try putting her back outside and see how it goes.
Since she's been separated for a few days, the flock may not be too welcoming so you will want to stay and observe behaviors for a good while to make sure she is not going to be attacked.

If she is able to move around and defend herself, then yes I would try putting her back outside and see how it goes.
Since she's been separated for a few days, the flock may not be too welcoming so you will want to stay and observe behaviors for a good while to make sure she is not going to be attacked.
Will do! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom