Lethargic Hen with Watery, Undigested Poop

One can get liquid calcium from Tractor Supply, It looks like this:

The dose my vet recommended was 100 mg per kg twice a day. Using the 23% liquid pictured above, that's 0.2ml per pound.

-Kathy

If you look on the package, it has to tell you (it's a law) how many mg per some sort of measurement. It will be written like mg/(?). If you need help figuring it out, please call me at work.
Legally, the vet should have given written instructions on how to give all medications recommended.

-Kathy

How much does she weigh?

-Kathy

Probably about 4 pounds. She did not give me any meds because I could buy then at the feed store. She told me to email her what supplement I would be using (oyster shell in this case) and she'd help me figure it out, but the instructions she gave me seemed like a small dose. The reason she didn't give me instructions immediately is because it would depend on what I chose to use. Because it's oyster shell there really isn't too much information. I tried to find a calcium supplement at TSC but they only had a goat one and I wasn't sure if it was safe for poultry.

So I got a fortunate call today. My vet office just so happen to get in a liquid calcium supplement that had a dosage that can be figured out (they had another one, but it wasn't easy to figure out a dosage/wasn't good for birds). I'm going Friday to pick it up. I also started oxytetracycline today. I was told 1 teaspoon per gallon of water by the man at TSC. I will also be ordering the valbazen today. I've seen a sheep version and the one egg provided for me in the link, so I'm assuming to order that one?

Back
Top Bottom