Lethargic Muscovy Drake

Yes, I removed all other water sources. He has just been sitting around the last couple days, but he did get up, eat, drink and move around a bit a couple hours ago. His breathing is slightly labored, but not much.
When you get the oxine ah mix it according to the link I gave you and point the spray mist bottle over his head and come down spraying so it doesn't hit him square in the face right off. I have used this with my birds when I have been around other peoples birds or at a poultry show even after changing my clothes and shoes before going in to be with my flock.Even putting it in water and cleaning my shoes off with it. Just good bio security measures. I also use Oxine ah mixed with water in a spray bottle to spray roosts and I spray roost daily and use on bedding a couple times a week. Awesome stuff.

Great he has been up to eat and drink.

He seems to be doing better today. I'll mix up some oxine ah as soon as it comes in. Thanks so much for your help. I'll continue to post updates until he is fully recovered.

He seems to be doing better today. I'll mix up some oxine ah as soon as it comes in. Thanks so much for your help. I'll continue to post updates until he is fully recovered.
That is awesome.. Keep up the good work there.
thumbsup.gif

@SnakeWrangler95

He is fully recovered. Perhaps stronger than before, he flew over a 6 foot fence! I thought the drakes couldn't fly! Thanks again for all the help!

He is fully recovered. Perhaps stronger than before, he flew over a 6 foot fence! I thought the drakes couldn't fly! Thanks again for all the help!
Oh my gosh how awesome is that..Sure happy to hear this. Might want to consider clipping wings if over the fence means danger.

@SnakeWrangler95

@Miss Lydia

We are so relieved. He appeared to be so bad off at first. Yes, I did have to clip his wings. He flew over a second time and there are some people that let their dogs run loose. They have killed one of out cats before, so we have to make sure all of our animals are in a enclosure or fence. He is back to mating with his hens and we have 3 nesting. Thanks again for all help!!!

Last edited:
@Miss Lydia

We are so relieved. He appeared to be so bad off at first. Yes, I did have to clip his wings. He flew over a second time and there are some people that let their dogs run loose. They have killed one of out cats before, so we have to make sure all of our animals are in a enclosure or fence. He is back to mating with his hens and we have to 3 nesting. Thanks again for all help!!!
Awesome @SnakeWrangler95 Keep us updated on them and when ducklings arrive!!

Back
Top Bottom