Let's do some bragging!

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I have received so many PMs and emails from teens on here because of the post about my son wanting his own chickens that I just had to say something.
I am proud of my 16 year old son, he's a good person and growing into a fine young man.
We have teens on here with their own poulty farms, or who help their families with their farms. We have those who would rather be at home helping clean out a roost than going to parties and possible being in situations they can't or shouldn't have to handle.
Let's hear about some of those wonderful teens and let them know we love and appreciate them!
Steven, I love you, I appreciate you and I value you.
Kate (Mom)

Im young as well and I've been raising poultry for 12 years. My grandparents taught me at a very early age about raising livestock, poultry and gardening. Its always stuck. I dont have too many friends, and I was never the cool kid, but I tell ya what, Im WAY more excited to get a new chicken than going out and getting drunk! I've never done drugs, I've never drank, or smoked, and I like it that way. Poultry, reptiles and pretty much all animals are my life. I wouldnt have it any other way. I can tell you one thing though, even though it costs a lot, my parents are proud of me. Im not out there getting girls pregnant, and Im not ruining all of my brain cells with alcohol.
wink.png
When I talk to people, they are really amazed at how mature I am. I just dont see the point in going out and making a fool of myself when I can accomplish bigger things in life.

Oh! And I pay for all of my chicken food and whatever I need, so Im set.

Last edited:
Im young too and ill pass up any party for my babies. i even enjoy cleaning the coops and such. I started my own buisness when i was 13.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom