Let's have a gosling hatchalong!

Have just heard from my wife we now have 5 mallard chicks have hatched, don't know what the goslings will make of them
Yay congrats!!! I bet the goslings will love them. hope so anyway
fl.gif

My gosling finally has a buddy.
celebrate.gif
My first duckling of 2013 finally hatched out (1.5 days late), but is healthy. I decided to open the other two eggs. I discovered one had internally/externally pipped on bottom of aircell and had made almost a dime sized hole. He looks good. The other I had to go digging for beak and has a ways to go before he hatches, but is breathing well.

Well I got my new geese. Went for 3 Tufted Romans, which I got, and came home with 3 White Chinese also
woot.gif
im up to 10 adult geese now. Cant wait to start putting eggs from the new geese in the bator.

here is the new additions...Please excuse the looks of the pen, since the dog attack i have locked them in here to be safe and started building 300 ft X 400ft pen, would rather free range but that wont happen until people start fencing in their dogs...

I sat for hours today just watching them walk around and investigate.

Well I got my new geese. Went for 3 Tufted Romans, which I got, and came home with 3 White Chinese also
woot.gif
im up to 10 adult geese now. Cant wait to start putting eggs from the new geese in the bator.

here is the new additions...Please excuse the looks of the pen, since the dog attack i have locked them in here to be safe and started building 300 ft X 400ft pen, would rather free range but that wont happen until people start fencing in their dogs...

I sat for hours today just watching them walk around and investigate.
Beautiful geese, Congrats on them all.

So I have an incubator question. I've got 3 goose eggs in an incubator, & the humidity is at 50%. There's no water in the incubator, but it's been rainy here.
How can I reduce the humidity? I'm concerned that the eggs won't lose enough weight before hatch time.
(they've only been cooking 4 days so far)

Psue Me luvs "Squishy" & your bator ! (What kind is it?)

Yeah for same day gosies !
both of my bators are hubby originals... calculated for waterfowl
love.gif
they do chickens ok also but I really want broody hens for them
Oh my! Lockdown tonight and already two external pips and at least one internal!
celebrate.gif
Now, I'm not counting my goslings before they hatch, but out of 13, that's a start.

Interestingly - the three pipping are the ones I started under a broody hen. The other 10 I put in the bator and I do see dancing in at least one, but it seems the hen-brooded are slightly ahead.

I'm SO excited! First gosling hatch! I have six pre-sold if they hatch. Anything after that is mine, all MINE
clap.gif
caf.gif

So I have an incubator question. I've got 3 goose eggs in an incubator, & the humidity is at 50%. There's no water in the incubator, but it's been rainy here.
How can I reduce the humidity? I'm concerned that the eggs won't lose enough weight before hatch time.
(they've only been cooking 4 days so far)
my humidity is up also after the rain... your only on day 4 so you have plenty of time to adjust after the magic first 6 days.

My gosling finally has a buddy.
celebrate.gif
My first duckling of 2013 finally hatched out (1.5 days late), but is healthy. I decided to open the other two eggs. I discovered one had internally/externally pipped on bottom of aircell and had made almost a dime sized hole. He looks good. The other I had to go digging for beak and has a ways to go before he hatches, but is breathing well.
Cute baby! Glad you opened the other 2 eggs too- I had to do that last week with 2 of the Sebbie eggs- they were so tightly packed in there they couldn't move. Once their heads were free, they could proceed the rest of the way themselves! Go Babies!

8geese, congrats on the new geese! Your numbers are growing fast!

Mendocino, psue already answered your question. I just wanted to say hi and nice to see you again!
frow.gif

Lisa, thanks! Both babies are still going well inside their shells. Been chipping away at them for almost 14 hours now. I hope to have them out safely by afternoon.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom