**Lets See Those Laced Chickens - Ends 1/20/13**

Awww she's blind? I hatched a blind chick and named her Hope, but she didn't make it past a week. Did you hatch Henrietta?
Yes, she is. Well, we suspect she can see some shapes and light/dark, but we have to keep her feed and water in exactly the same place so she knows where to go. No, I did not hatch her. I bought her with the other Polish I posted and realized the day after that she was nearly dead. She was so thin and anemic that she couldn't lift her head and she was so infested with lice/mites that your shirt would be covered with them if you picked her up. We put her inside in a dog kennel and fed her cat food for a week along with vitamin water and doses of ivermectin and within a week she was doing much better so we put her back out in the coop. We've only had her for a few months.

Yes, she is. Well, we suspect she can see some shapes and light/dark, but we have to keep her feed and water in exactly the same place so she knows where to go. No, I did not hatch her. I bought her with the other Polish I posted and realized the day after that she was nearly dead. She was so thin and anemic that she couldn't lift her head and she was so infested with lice/mites that your shirt would be covered with them if you picked her up. We put her inside in a dog kennel and fed her cat food for a week along with vitamin water and doses of ivermectin and within a week she was doing much better so we put her back out in the coop. We've only had her for a few months.
Wow. Poor thing.
sad.png
I'm so glad she's doing better, she looks amazing!
thumbsup.gif

try trimming her crest feathers around her eyes (so you can see her eye from the side), I had one that couldnt see til I trimmed the feathers and than he seen just fine

Back
Top Bottom