Lets see your "Breeding Pens"

Come on! Pictures!!!
lol.png

this is my breeding setup, in the spring im adding at least 3 tractors (4X4 with the coop on top and the run directly underneath) that will be moved around the feild, as i need second pens for a few of the breeds i have.

it has since been modified that the run on the left is now two 10X10 and there is a nice new 4X4X5 coop along the fence!
069.jpg

Last edited:
I build these 8' by 8' by 4' high pens for anywhere from 4 to 7 chickens. They workout well, it keeps the Roo's from runnin their butts off chasing the girls. Easy to move all over the place

378857710.jpg

Last edited:
This is mine houses eight breed in 10x12 coops, the whole thing is 23x48 going to put a run out the back in the spring so can let one breed out at a time. I love having dry coops the chicken seem to love it too. Put in auto water and feeders.

P1010868.jpg

P1010866.jpg

P1010867.jpg

This is my brooder house

P1010693.jpg

Ok, I have a dumb question...what is the reason for the pipes going down the outside the pen and then curving into the pen at the bottom? Don't know how else to explain what I saw in a few of your pics. All I can picture is throwing food down it to shoot into the pen...hehehe

Quote:
I like this idea. Do you put the roo in there with them and for how long? Do you do it everyday, every other day? And do the girls lay their eggs in there or is that strictly for breeding and then they go into a different coop?

Back
Top Bottom