Let's swap some seeds.....

1FlewOver

Chirping
Jun 27, 2015
Ft. Worth, Texas
Found an old thread here for seed swapping but it's been inactive for awhile....so I thought I'd start a new one...

Thought now would be a good time to start, too....as folks could plan on saving seed ahead of time....

The price of a stamp or two sure beats the heck out of buying a whole bunch of seeds for a few bucks when you only need a few....

So....I think the best way to go about it would probably be for people to post what they want....rather than what they have....

Also....as 3good eggs and I are doing....we could also share hybrid seeds to keep costs down....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been looking at the catalogs. I had hoped I had not missed you.
I think this is a great idea.
I end up saving 3/4 of a package and each year the germination rate drops, so obviously fresh is best. I would rather split a package and us all have success. (I mean how much broccoli can a family eat?)

Like the Charleston or the Rattle snake? I think I got some of them years ago from Gurneys.
They did really well for us. I planted them along the edge of the run so they could get some of the chicken 'nutrient'
A friend grows the smaller -I can not think of the name, the grocery store variety-, so I stopped growing them for ourselves, but the Old varieties handle the heat and mildews really well.

I think where we are in the country will have a lot to do with our success or not.
We need to organize that.

I am open to suggestion on green house tomato varieties, I think Rutgers has always been a good producer for me, but i would like a good canning tomato. Any suggestions?

Mayos delight? It's a indeterminate tomato, very rare( not joking)supposed to be a good canner and slicer

Got the seeds from MI FL J( a seed saver name code) grew them next to matts wild cherry, and black cherry not sure if they crossed can send some seeds! And yes I would love to get charleston watermelon

Like the Charleston or the Rattle snake? I think I got some of them years ago from Gurneys.
They did really well for us. I planted them along the edge of the run so they could get some of the chicken 'nutrient' 
A friend grows the smaller -I can not think of the name, the grocery store variety-, so I stopped growing them for ourselves, but the Old varieties handle the heat and mildews really well.

I think where we are in the country will have a lot to do with our success or not.
We need to organize that.

but i would like a good canning tomato. Any suggestions?

Well...first year I've grown them....but these "Rio Grande" tomatoes have done very well.....

Last edited:
I have been looking at the catalogs. I had hoped I had not missed  you.
I think this is a great idea.
I end up saving 3/4 of a package and each year the germination rate drops, so obviously fresh is best. I would rather split a package and us all have success.  (I mean how much broccoli can a family eat?)

Well....yes and no....I shopped a little too...and wound up ordering 12 packets....which brought the price down to $2.09....so I just went for it.....I still want some Seniorita seeds....so you can get them..

BTW: Crazy! I ordered some "Carolina Cross"seeds with that order.... it was only 10 seeds....so I can only spare a couple....but a PM with and address will get you two.....Copper2....

Back
Top Bottom