Let's talk Golden Cuckoo Marans!

Pics
Me three . . . Nothing yet.
roll.png

Fantastic! They looked nice on his site but I've never had any type of Maran before so I'm probably not a great judge of a nice Maran :)
I ordered 7 eggs and he sent 9 and they all look great so I should hopefully have a good hatch.

Getting bigger! Fast!
Just shy of 3 weeks old.
I have 3 cockerels, 2 of which will need to find new homes if there's any interest here.
Ideally, if you're interested you're local. I would prefer not to ship.
I'd also like to get one or two more pullets. I only got one in this hatch : (
If you are hatching/hatched and have more pullets then you need let me know!

Here are the sweets:

Getting bigger! Fast!
Just shy of 3 weeks old.
I have 3 cockerels, 2 of which will need to find new homes if there's any interest here.
Ideally, if you're interested you're local. I would prefer not to ship.
I'd also like to get one or two more pullets. I only got one in this hatch : (
If you are hatching/hatched and have more pullets then you need let me know!

Here are the sweets:

Looking good.
thumbsup.gif
Tail set is a bit high on some of the boys (called squirrel tail) so keep that in mind when picking which boy to keep.
wink.png

I bought a few GCM chicks this fall and am trying to learn as much about them as I can. This is one of my 7 week old pullets. I really like her but am wondering if she has too much gold on her body. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

I bought a few GCM chicks this fall and am trying to learn as much about them as I can. This is one of my 7 week old pullets. I really like her but am wondering if she has too much gold on her body. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.
I am not an expert, but I do like her type. I am seeing some white tipped feathers (that will pass on white feathers in the rooster offspring's tails and that is undesirable) and clean legs (the standard calls for feathered legs.) GCMs are a work in progress, so don't get discouraged. Find a rooster that has the traits your pullets lack and keep the best pullets from that breeding, then breed them back to their father. It takes a lot of hatching and culling to get where you want to be.

Back
Top Bottom