LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I'm reorganising my room soon, and once I do, you can bet I'm filling it with more plants :lol:
If it doesn't look like a jungle, I don't want it.

I am building a wishlist slowly but surely!

On a separate note, are marigolds safe for ducks to eat? I want to decorate their pen with raised flower beds or hanging baskets (out of reach, but need safe choices incase any fall down and get gobbled)
I know that they are ok for chickens, so I would assume the Same be for ducks

I'm reorganising my room soon, and once I do, you can bet I'm filling it with more plants :lol:
If it doesn't look like a jungle, I don't want it.

I am building a wishlist slowly but surely!

On a separate note, are marigolds safe for ducks to eat? I want to decorate their pen with raised flower beds or hanging baskets (out of reach, but need safe choices incase any fall down and get gobbled)
Marigolds are safe for all poultry, some feed manufacturers even use marigold extract in the feed to color up yolks. 😊

Oh that sounds fun... and dangerous. 😄

I wish we had one if those around here, I have 2 stores to choose from, fair selection but not nearly enough. :hmm

I'm lucky enough to have a relatively good plant selection near me. The plant expo is not too close, but worth the drive. That's where all the rare plants can be found

if you can't find them near you, go online. Plants, and succulents especially, do very well in shipping

I'm lucky enough to have a relatively good plant selection near me. The plant expo is not too close, but worth the drive. That's where all the rare plants can be found

if you can't find them near you, go online. Plants, and succulents especially, do very well in shipping
Thats great, even though its a drive, its worth it to see all types of plants!

So they do well in shipping, I didn't know this! If I can't find what I'm looking for, I will definitely order on line, thanks for the info! :highfive:

Thats great, even though its a drive, its worth it to see all types of plants!

So they do well in shipping, I didn't know this! If I can't find what I'm looking for, I will definitely order on line, thanks for the info! :highfive:

Exactly! It's a once in a year opportunity, and I try to make it count!

I've never tested it myself, but I've never seen a succulent shipment gone wrong. Worth a try, at the very very least!

What is it that you're looking for:pop?

Exactly! It's a once in a year opportunity, and I try to make it count!

I've never tested it myself, but I've never seen a succulent shipment gone wrong. Worth a try, at the very very least!

What is it that you're looking for:pop?
I want slow, low growing succulents, seems like every type I've purchased want to grow leggy and huge. So something like the living stones or similar type plants. Please make recommendations, I am not familiar with all that is out there!

I want slow, low growing succulents, seems like every type I've purchased want to grow leggy and huge. So something like the living stones or similar type plants. Please make recommendations, I am not familiar with all that is out there!

Typically, the smaller, shorter succulents have evolved to be this way because they have the sun blasting on them. There definitely as many species to consider, but most of them will grow a little leggy if put in less sun, or just die (typical with harder to care for plants, which I will not be recommending).

I'd say look into sedum, anacampseros, crassula (although you'll have to trim those back to keep the compact look), and mammilaria

Typically, the smaller, shorter succulents have evolved to be this way because they have the sun blasting on them. There definitely as many species to consider, but most of them will grow a little leggy if put in less sun, or just die (typical with harder to care for plants, which I will not be recommending).

I'd say look into sedum, anacampseros, crassula (although you'll have to trim those back to keep the compact look), and mammilaria
I need a greenhouse or some such thing as my back windows just aren't the best for plants but it's all I have for now.

Thanks for these suggestions, I am going to go do some research on them! 😊

I need a greenhouse or some such thing as my back windows just aren't the best for plants but it's all I have for now.

Thanks for these suggestions, I am going to go do some research on them! 😊

Oh, a mini greenhouse is a dream! Maybe a few hours of "outside time"?

Hope you find what you're looking for in one of those species!

Back
Top Bottom