Lice on my OEG Bantam Chicks....

LostGosling

Songster
9 Years
Jul 11, 2011
Hi!

I have some chicks, 7 SD OEG Bantams and 3 Bantam Ameraucanas, that are ate up with lice and nits. I'm afraid to dust them with the stuff I use on my adults(It's kinda like Sevin Dust), because of all the warnings about not to get it anywhere that it could be eaten. My chickens will eat anything, even foam that the mice drag out of the barn walls, so I'm really careful even with the adults. I'm always scared that I might use to much and hurt them, so I don't even want to attempt it with the little 4 or 5 week chicks.

So, what I'm asking is, should I use the garden dust, or try my UltraCare: Mite & Lice Bird Spray that I use on my Canaries?
Anybody else have experience with treating lice infested youngsters? Thanks!

[COLOR=696969]Hi![/COLOR]​

[COLOR=696969]I have some chicks, 7 SD OEG Bantams and 3 Bantam Ameraucanas, that are ate up with lice and nits. I'm afraid to dust them with the stuff I use on my adults(It's kinda like Sevin Dust), because of all the warnings about not to get it anywhere that it could be eaten. My chickens will eat anything, even foam that the mice drag out of the barn walls, so I'm really careful even with the adults. I'm always scared that I might use to much and hurt them, so I don't even want to attempt it with the little 4 or 5 week chicks.[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=696969]So, what I'm asking is, should I use the garden dust, or try my UltraCare: Mite & Lice Bird Spray that I use on my Canaries?[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=696969]Anybody else have experience with treating lice infested youngsters? Thanks![/COLOR]​

I used seven on my baby silkies. Just put a pinch on their heads, under the wings and on the bottom side. The lice will do more damage than the seven....in my opinion.
sharon

Thanks for your help!
I'll go dust them today, along with my adult birds.
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom