Licking County, Central OH, Laws?

PineBurrowPeeps

Eye see you...
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Here, there, and everywhere...
Hey there Peeps,

Does anyone happen to know the laws for backyard chicken keeping in Licking County OH, namely Newark? I'm looking to keep about 4 hens in my backyard. I know a neighbor down the road has chickens as their rooster is always crowing, but they have some acreage in a small "farm" setting... so I don't know if there is a difference and I can't find anything online. Figured I'd try here before I started making phone calls.

Thanks so much for your time!

Hey there Peeps,

Does anyone happen to know the laws for backyard chicken keeping in Licking County OH, namely Newark? I'm looking to keep about 4 hens in my backyard. I know a neighbor down the road has chickens as their rooster is always crowing, but they have some acreage in a small "farm" setting... so I don't know if there is a difference and I can't find anything online. Figured I'd try here before I started making phone calls.

Hey there Peeps,

Hey there Peeps,

Hey did you ever find any info for Newark? We are beginning our little coop now and we are so scared somone is going to say something and all the money we spend building a coop will go to waste. Ive searched the internet for days and can find nothing on the subject. Thanks!

Hey did you ever find any info for Newark? We are beginning our little coop now and we are so scared somone is going to say something and all the money we spend building a coop will go to waste. Ive searched the internet for days and can find nothing on the subject. Thanks!
Newark Ordinances

You will want to keyword search on "poultry", and of course you will need to know your property's zoning

I have used keywords: poultry, fowl and chicken, can find nothing that addresses it and I am not in licking township, but I have looked in Newark city under my zoning. Thank you for the help!

Back
Top Bottom