Neighbor threatening to trap birds

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-07 12.56.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-07 12.56.42 PM.png
    187.2 KB · Views: 3
multiflora rose is all of that, and no longer to be planted in Michigan, as it's an incredibly invasive plant! Ask me about it on our property... :he
Mary
Angora goats will eat it down completely within two years. I had a 5 acrea patch on a farm in Ohio. Ran Angora goats and within two years it was gone along with a barn yard of cockleburrs. Some Angora people were renting out goats to clear pastures.

Maybe I'm a little spiteful, but if she's so concerned about the view I'd be tempted to install a couple of the ugliest wacky-waving-inflatable-armed-tubemen facing the road and her property "to keep the chickens away". To be fair, I imagine it would keep the chickens avoiding the area! I'd be afraid she'd feed them something bad next.

Seriously, the entitlement of whining about where you keep your animals! Your property is not her tv.
I love the way you think :)

I like the 'ugly object' idea, but you do need the fencing. Ugly fencing? Those tubemen won't discourage your chickens, great as they are!
Glad she's not in our neighborhood!
Mary
Yeah, I have a super strong flyer of a chicken, no 4 foot fencing will stop them, and if they are well trained as you said, it is all her fault. That lady is nuts. You don't have to put up a fence with your own money that won't even work, and will cost hundreds of dollars, cause she is causing problems. If you wanna be petty, install the ugliest fence you can imagine, then she can see it does not stop the chicken, and will stop trying to watch things on your property.

First, I applaud your efforts to minimize what officials informally call a neighborhood pi$$ing war. You have the patience of Mother Theresa.

You might want to install a few obvious dummy cameras where she can see them. Cheaper than the real thing, but still keep the real ones.

And I'm not sure on this one, but baiting your chickens to her property might be considered theft. You might want to look into that.

Back
Top Bottom