50 roosters

Pics
For people who raise chickens for show, dubbing the comb & wattles is required for some breeds (rather like dog breeds with docked tails or cropped ears.)

So unless or until those breeds change their standards, dubbing males will continue to happen for show birds of those kinds.

Some people in cold climates dub combs & wattles to avoid frostbite.

I have read of a few other one-off cases that would not apply to large numbers of birds (for example, one was a pet rooster with a really enormous comb, so big it was dragging his head down and covering his eye and nostrils. The owner dubbed that comb to improve the rooster's quality of life.)
I've seriously considered dubbing my males. They lose their tines their first winter, sometimes more. I just haven't gotten myself comfortable with the process yet enough to go through with it.

Have u offered to sound proof his barn? Haven’t tried it yet but there’s some acoustic soundproof stuff u can try to set up on walls. So what ended up happening?

I was wondering if he was raising them for their feathers (for flytying or some other use.)

What makes you say the roosters are close to OP and not close to the roosters' owner?

The only distance I see mentioned is this:

It looks to me like the roosters are 450 feet from OP's house, and that 450 feet includes a road and trees. I do not see any mention of where the neighbor's house is, whether the roosters are close to it or not. I do not see any mention of property sizes either.
He is on the edge of his 40 acres and put them at the front between his house and mine. He has 40 high and dry acres. That’s another reason I scratch my head.

OP made the one post and got everybody all fired up, then 'POOF'
"Like smoke in fog" ...... Gone. 🤣
Sorry, my kid has been in the hospital since September, it’s now January and she’s still h there and I stay with her. Life is just daunting these days.
The neighbor has been cordial lately to my husband and agreed for us to build a fence on his property. Now I’ve got to figure out the best noise reducing kind. In my spare time.

Sorry, my kid has been in the hospital since September, it’s now January and she’s still h there and I stay with her. Life is just daunting these days.
The neighbor has been cordial lately to my husband and agreed for us to build a fence on his property. Now I’ve got to figure out the best noise reducing kind. In my spare time.
Sorry :hugs

Yuck. I hope she gets better, and is able to come home (preferably soon!)

Spare time? Good luck!

For noise reduction, other than being tall, I think it is most helpful for it to be solid or textured or both. A dense hedge might be good, because the sound waves bounce around among the leaves and twigs instead of coming to you. A solid board fence might reflect the sound back toward the roosters instead of letting so much of it reach you. A wire-mesh fence would be pretty much useless, because sound waves go right through (But I assume that detail is obvious ;) )

Back
Top Bottom