50 roosters

How can you say for certain its hoarding? Just because someone has lots of animals doesn't mean they're a hoarder. All we have heard is that the neighbor has a lot of birds and that they crow a lot. Nothing on housing space or care in regards to animal health
If they are not breedong them and keeping males only..sounds like hoarding and fighting them...

O my...didn't know that...why though if not for fighting? It was pretty cruel and gruesome. I couldn't imagine someone doing it to just a yard bird?
For people who raise chickens for show, dubbing the comb & wattles is required for some breeds (rather like dog breeds with docked tails or cropped ears.)

So unless or until those breeds change their standards, dubbing males will continue to happen for show birds of those kinds.

Some people in cold climates dub combs & wattles to avoid frostbite.

I have read of a few other one-off cases that would not apply to large numbers of birds (for example, one was a pet rooster with a really enormous comb, so big it was dragging his head down and covering his eye and nostrils. The owner dubbed that comb to improve the rooster's quality of life.)

if the neighbor has no hens....they each have their own lil teepee(shelter)...are on a leg leash and .are not fat meat birds. They are fighting roosters. It's not illegal to sell fighting birds. Only illegal 2 fight them. Do all of them have combs or do some of them look blade? In the weeks before a cock fight, owners will take a razorblade.. or other sharp object to cut the combs and waddles off. They do this so the opponent has nothing to grab onto during the fight. They believe it makes the bird more hardy for the fight as well. The roosters eyes will swell shut and his head will be caked with blood until he heals. Sadly I witnessed this procedure in Oklahoma years ago. Not my birds..not my bizness
I dub my birds to protect against frostbite. As already stated show's require it also. And at the end of the day the bird is breeding in 24 hours. The root of the problem is the people are elevating chickens way beyond there place. In the wild chickens live only a year or so. Just long enough to breed. In captivity, even if they are being fought they will long outlive there wild counterparts. If you want to cuddle your chickens that's fine, but don't hold everybody to the same standard.

I dub my birds to protect against frostbite. As already stated show's require it also. And at the end of the day the bird is breeding in 24 hours. The root of the problem is the people are elevating chickens way beyond there place. In the wild chickens live only a year or so. Just long enough to breed. In captivity, even if they are being fought they will long outlive there wild counterparts. If you want to cuddle your chickens that's fine, but don't hold everybody to the same standard.
Anyone who has seen what happens when a dog, or raccoon gets into the pen knows what happens in the wild. Just being around us and getting good food is better. Let alone the amount of time an energy that cockers put into their birds. I would wager (this is going to sound crazy to anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about) that cockers are better caretakers than the average backyard breeder.

In captivity, even if they are being fought they will long outlive there wild counterparts. If you want to cuddle your chickens that's fine, but don't hold everybody to the same standard.

There's a lot in between hugging and illegal fighting (aka torture).

I would wager (this is going to sound crazy to anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about) that cockers are better caretakers than the average backyard breeder.

Haven't you spoken up for cockfighters before?

And don't you keep games?

Hmm.

Back
Top Bottom