Life AND Fowl -- it it Possible?

I use 2 self feeding feeders, they need filled twice a month. I have a tuff built trash can prolly 20 gallon I put a stick tank heater made for plastic and use horizontal nipples. I only fill it twice a month too. Now the eggs? I have a great neighbor that I can trust. Good luck tough decision.

Saw this cartoon this morning and redrew part of it to be a chicken
😛
IMG_3469.jpeg

Last edited:
Lots of great ideas already posted!

If it were me...
I would limit the number of birds to a dozen or so.
Large automatic or gravity feeders, automatic waterer (think self filling like a toilet tank or swamp cooler does with a float mechanism) and automatic door that opens to a VERY secure large run.

Gathering a couple days worth of eggs once back wouldn't be to hard. Broken eggs would still be messy but that happens regardless.

The hardest part would be winter travels and water needs

Wow. Thank you for all the genuine responses. I really appreciate that. We have a couple acres, but coyotes do come through from time to time as well as owls and hawks... looks like my best option might be wait until we retire then start in on first drawing what I need to rough scale, then start purchasing the items as money permits. Well, I'm sure I'll be back (even if it takes a few years). : )

BY THE WAY, I used to have far more eggs than I could use, so although I did sell some and give some away, I also put a bunch in a blender and then froze quart freezer bags full of eggs -- to thaw, i just put them in the refrigerator for a few days or did the "defrost" in the microwave if I was in a hurry. Worked pretty good... like eggbeaters. I have eaten those eggs after 5+ years of being frozen and they still worked good in cakes and things like scrambled eggs.

Wow. Thank you for all the genuine responses. I really appreciate that. We have a couple acres, but coyotes do come through from time to time as well as owls and hawks... looks like my best option might be wait until we retire then start in on first drawing what I need to rough scale, then start purchasing the items as money permits. Well, I'm sure I'll be back (even if it takes a few years). : )

BY THE WAY, I used to have far more eggs than I could use, so although I did sell some and give some away, I also put a bunch in a blender and then froze quart freezer bags full of eggs -- to thaw, i just put them in the refrigerator for a few days or did the "defrost" in the microwave if I was in a hurry. Worked pretty good... like eggbeaters. I have eaten those eggs after 5+ years of being frozen and they still worked good in cakes and things like scrambled eggs.
Good to know I water glasses some 9-22 have not used them yet( I truly forgot them when cooking) but putting whole eggs in bags wouldn't take up that much space in freezer . Did you vacuum or just zip lock bags?

Back
Top Bottom