Life on the farm - Updates from Bethel

Quote:
Thanks Cyn - I don't know that I'm anybody to be admired but I know I love the compliment and it means so much to me.

As you know, from my Journey thread, I've probably overdone and took on much more than I'm capable of. Of course, He is so much more capable and it is He who helps me through it all. I only know that when I moved here I was overcome with such an urgency to get the fields in shape and gardens planted and livestock breeding because there is going to be a need. Now after going like gang busters for one year, I'm tired and worn out and ready to pack my bags and leave and I've often told God, "You picked the wrong person. I'm not strong enough for this." But, of course He doesn't make mistakes and He has sent help, just as He told me in a vision he would. He showed me a vision once, long before He told me to come here and stick a note on the door asking to buy the place, and there were huge gardens and people everywhere and when I said "Oh Lord, I can't care for this." He said "Others will care for it". So now, it looks like others will be coming to help take care of it and benefit from it. Praise the Lord.

I wish great things for you, my friend. I know it is a huge undertaking-a big old house that, though very beautiful, needs lots of tending, lots of wonderful animals, friends old and new, and a love for the Lord who sustains us but challenges us in ways we could never imagine. As long as you have a partner in life, as you and I both do, who digs in and does what needs doing, whether it be repairing, cleaning, feeding and watering or just holding a weary wife when she is bedraggled and bone-tired, you will make it.
I love all your stories, so please keep us involved in your fascinating adventure. I hope your family has a pleasant and peaceful holiday season and the best New Year ever.

Last edited:
Oh Cyn - that was so beautiful and touching it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much. May you and your family have a blessed Christmas and may 2009 be filled with blessings for you.

Monique

Thank you, my friend.
hugs.gif

Quote:
I'm glad you're going to that church. The people of that church all sound like good people, and you probably feel blessed knowing them and praying with them.
They don't call racist people ignorant for no reason!

Ruth, in post #124, there's a dining room chair that the dogs are under. Is there anything you can tell me about that chair? I have the same chair, I'm sure it's awful old, a really old lady gave my mom that chair in 1970. I have it now, and always wondered about it. Thanks

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't know anything about those chairs. They were some of the furniture that I bought from the people who owned the house. After I stuck on a note on their door and their first call said the house wasn't for sale - by the third call they offered us the house and all the antique furniture that was in the house. I don't think they are too old but the custom upholstery does look very old and worn so it's hard to tell. I'm using them in my kitchen around the breakfast table.

I haven't been on BYC for almost a year and only off and on to talk "chicken" for the past three years so I didn't keep this thread updated. It began shortly before our move to the farm and was my "blog" or "journal" of happenings for that first year. I've just revisited it and found myself reminiscing about those early days and all the great BYC friends who encouraged me along the way. As such, I thought I'd pick up where I left off. I used to really enjoy staying in touch with so many people through this thread. I have a lot of catching up to do but I'll try and get some new photos and updates posted soon. Till then......wishing everyone on BYC blessings and good health - from "Ruth" at "Bethel Farms".

Monique

That's really spooky but you have brought God to still any upset spirits in the plot and also Congratulations for dream come true I would cry a little bit every day from happiness
(this is respond to the familygraveyard photos post)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom