Like 9 chickens gone with feathers everywhere

Seasea12

Chirping
Aug 4, 2021
Last night I didn’t put my chickens up while went outside this morning to find nothing but feathers lots of feathers no blood or anything left behind others then feathers I also have 3 goats in the same run what are your thoughts foxes?

You would be better qualified to guess than we would be, not knowing if you live in a country in Africa, or Australia, or somewhere in Canada. But I would guess it was some sort of animal that operates in a pack to have taken that many chickens.

Are you thinking that fortifying your coop and run and securing your flock each night is on your list of to-do projects?

You would be better qualified to guess than we would be, not knowing if you live in a country in Africa, or Australia, or somewhere in Canada. But I would guess it was some sort of animal that operates in a pack to have taken that many chickens.

Are you thinking that fortifying your coop and run and securing your flock each night is on your list of to-do projects?
I normally do put them up in their coop at night however the one night I didn’t something happens. Also I live in Indianapolis,in

I normally do put them up in their coop at night however the one night I didn’t something happens. Also I live in Indianapolis,in

So you were free ranging them, and you forgot to close the door to the coop at night, or did you leave them out in the run? Because the run should be safe enough to keep predators out

Last night I didn’t put my chickens up while went outside this morning to find nothing but feathers lots of feathers no blood or anything left behind others then feathers I also have 3 goats in the same run what are your thoughts foxes?
:hugsVery sorry for your loss!

In case your run is uncovered it could also have been aereal predators, just adding to the list of suspects. Your profile pic shows some of your birds, I assume they are/were all bantams?

Before restarting, I would get a game camera to find out what kind of predators you are dealing with and fortify the coop and run accordingly.

And I can highly recommend automatic coop doors as they made my life much easier and allowed for more comfort for the chickens as well.

:hugsVery sorry for your loss!

In case your run is uncovered it could also have been aereal predators, just adding to the list of suspects. Your profile pic shows some of your birds, I assume they are/were all bantams?

Before restarting, I would get a game camera to find out what kind of predators you are dealing with and fortify the coop and run accordingly.

And I can highly recommend automatic coop doors as they made my life much easier and allowed for more comfort for the chickens as well
They were all bantams other then one

Back
Top Bottom