Limping Chicken

Shay42

Chirping
Apr 19, 2018
Upper Marlboro, MD
So question, my Silkie Cloud got attacked by something last night it looks like. Already took her to the vet and got her cleaned up. She got a shot of antibiotic and scrubbed up with chlorehex. Still limping though vet said it should go away. Should I keep her inside for a couple days? If I do she’s going to work with me till she’s better. Any thoughts?

You could try her in a dog crate inside your coop with her own food and water, then make sure that she is walking well enough to get to them. That way she won’t have to be reintegrated, and possibly hurt by the others.
What do her wounds look like? Are you supposed to put plain neosporin or Vetericyn wound spray on them? Usually, they will recover okay if they are alert, walking, and able to eat and drink.

You could try her in a dog crate inside your coop with her own food and water, then make sure that she is walking well enough to get to them. That way she won’t have to be reintegrated, and possibly hurt by the others.
What do her wounds look like? Are you supposed to put plain neosporin or Vetericyn wound spray on them? Usually, they will recover okay if they are alert, walking, and able to eat and drink.
They’re not that deep, I just saw blood this morning and grabbed her and took her to work with me. I have animax to put on them. She is eating, drinking and alert but hiding under the coop. It’s just the limping that concerns me, she can walk and all but the dog crate would be a no-go.

Back
Top Bottom