mblack03

In the Brooder
May 16, 2020
Hi!

We recently took in three mallard ducklings that had been left without a mother. They're about 4/5 weeks old, and have shown no other issues or conditions until this morning.
When I came to check on them outside after feeding my big ducks, I noticed one of my babies, Moe, has developed a limp. Her left foot is fairly swollen and she's showing a huge reluctantly to walk.
Why is this happening, and how can i help her? :(

[The photo includes the swollen leg and Moe herself for reference. We have a little water pan for them to swim in and she's only wet, her feathers aren't matted or disheveled i promise :,)]

Attachments

• 9BBA7B8B-4A1C-405C-8387-0EA2EE69D3E2.jpeg
    9BBA7B8B-4A1C-405C-8387-0EA2EE69D3E2.jpeg
    549.9 KB · Views: 9
Hi!

We recently took in three mallard ducklings that had been left without a mother. They're about 4/5 weeks old, and have shown no other issues or conditions until this morning.
When I came to check on them outside after feeding my big ducks, I noticed one of my babies, Moe, has developed a limp. Her left foot is fairly swollen and she's showing a huge reluctantly to walk.
Why is this happening, and how can i help her? :(

[The photo includes the swollen leg and Moe herself for reference. We have a little water pan for them to swim in and she's only wet, her feathers aren't matted or disheveled i promise :,)]
Have you looked into bumblefoot?

Back
Top Bottom