Limping Hen

EggyTheHen

Songster
7 Years
Oct 1, 2015
My chicken is limping and favoring one of her legs. She is showing no other symptoms of illness or injury. Normal poops, regularly laying eggs, very energetic and perky, good appetite. No cuts or mites or anything on the leg or foot, no swelling or heat. She does not flinch when I touch anywhere on her foot. The limp is hardly noticeable when running but is more apparent when she walks slowly.

here is a video:

How old is your gal? And what is her diet and how much coop space is she provided?
she is around 8 years old, eats mainly Purina layer pellets, and free ranged in a large yard for the day and goes to bed in a 5x4 coop with three other hens.

No brown or black spot on the middle 'pad' of her foot? She might have just twisted it in a hole or getting off of the perch. She's a pretty one :)
No sign of any brown spot.
And she is very lovely! :love

If she is 8 years old she sure looks pretty good. She may be getting some arthritis, or has sprained her foot or leg. Is it her right leg? I would keep an eye on it, and you could try some 81 mg aspirin twice a day given in food.

If she is 8 years old she sure looks pretty good. She may be getting some arthritis, or has sprained her foot or leg. Is it her right leg? I would keep an eye on it, and you could try some 81 mg aspirin twice a day given in food.
It is her right leg, and thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom