Little banty roo maybe...

Nuzzy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 15, 2010
Allegan, MI
Well, we just got 15 chicks the day before St Patty's Day. 13 pullets of various breeds and 2 straight run bantams of unknown (to us) breeds. One of the bantams was darn near microscopic compared to the rest of the chicks and very unenergetic, though we saw it drinking and eating. Basically we were prepared to find it dead any given day. However, it cowboy'd up and has been plugging along just great, albeit much smaller than the rest (including the other banty). Now we've been joking that "Squirt" would turn out to be the lone rooster since day one...

...I'm no expert, but the other day this comb coloring caught my eye. It's definitely more red than any of the other chicks. What say ye? Is little Squirt destined to actually become the roo we've been joking about? Or am I just misreading.
tongue.png

DSC08540Medium.jpg

DSC08549Medium.jpg

Just for laughs, here's Squirt compared to the rest. All the chicks are the same age.

DSC08588Medium.jpg

DSC08597Medium.jpg

And lastly, anyone venture to guess what kind of bantam he/it is? Thanks!
pop.gif

I would guess boy all the way. Look at his comb and wattles!

He's a cute little bugger though!

Quote:
I just googled some pics of Silver Duckwing chicks and they certainly look a lot like he did when a few days old. Interesting... Good looking birds
cool.png

I agree hes a Silver Duckwing OEGB, I have several and they are small chickens with lots of personality.

Back
Top Bottom