little feathered genuises!

I would say definitely. Because the large space of outdoors would be too scary at first. To that chicken, tight space is what it knows, which is a form of security for it. If that makes any sense. IMO.

So, putting them in a pen is okay? They'd probably need a seperate space before seeing my flock, mainly because I don't want my main flock getting sick. Usually my chickens don't pick on others so I wouldn't be worried about outright war with my tiny chickens:p.

So, putting them in a pen is okay? They'd probably need a seperate space before seeing my flock, mainly because I don't want my main flock getting sick. Usually my chickens don't pick on others so I wouldn't be worried about outright war with my tiny chickens:p.

You should always introduced any new chickens slow. Just because yours gets along with each other. Adding a new chicken resets the pecking order.

Last edited:
You should always introduced any new chickens slow. Just because yours gets along with each other. Adding a new chicken resets the pecking order.

Yeah, good point. And I won't be rescuing any chickens until I have a nice place for the ones I have already.

@NickyKnack , I stole your icon!
1f414.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom