Little Giant 10300

I set 41 more eggs Feb 6.
The eggs that didnt hatch last go round were eggtopsied. They all quit at different times. Almost positive it was due to the temp spikes.
Its still spiking and dropping 3-4 degrees.

This hatch I set the incubator up on a wire rack hoping to increase airflow. I just candled and the air cells look better than they have on any of my previous hatches. We will see if it makes any difference in the long run.

Check your fans for chick dander after every hatch. Mine was clogged up and barely turning. I sprayed some air duster into it and a cloud of dust came out.

Glad to hear things are working out for you Bamadude! My Brinsea has been spot on since I gave up my LG. My brother in law tried pheasant eggs with the LG and managed to get 12/48 to hatch...not horrible for pheasants I suppose but not great either.

I increased my hatch rate by 70% when I sold my LG and bought the GQF 1588.

Dude, based on your advice and the fact that I could not get my LG to hold a constant temperature I just got a GQF 1588. It is holding with 1/2 of a degree. I have some white crestd black Polish eggs due in Monday and l plan to fill it with with them and some of mt eggs next week.

Today I got the lg 10300. I also got the 6300 auto egg turner. I plan to start 3 dozen eggs saturday with local rir, buff orp, and buff brahma eggs.

I have a 9200 (old style- not digital adjustment) and I would definitely upgrade if people start saying the digital adjustment is easier to deal with than the knob.

We are going through some type of polar vortex thingy. My daytime and night time temps vary by almost 10 degrees f. This new bator is holding steady temps. I am very impressed with it. Stay tuned for candling

Back
Top Bottom