little giant 9300

Hi, even though I've been to the BYC forum many times, I just registered so I guess that makes me new :)

Has anybody had much luck with the little giant 9300 / with fan kit installed ?

Currently I'm using a 7200 with fan kit and egg turner and it works pretty well except having to keep adjusting the temp. I just purchased the 9300 / with fan kit because I figured it should maintain the 99.5 degrees without needing to keep checking on it. Still waiting on the 9300 to be delivered.

Right now I have turkey eggs started in the 7200 and collecting chicken eggs from my flock to add with them, I forgot to write down the date I started the hatch, but figured it was on/about 5/6, chicken eggs should go in on 5/13 or 14th.

Those folks who are experiencing spikes up to 102 or slightly higher should make sure the remote sensors on extra thermometers are not against an egg very tight. That's close to "body temp" for a small chick that's well developed in the egg. And they wiggle a bit in the egg. Possibly use a water wiggler to encase the probe? Measure air temp close to a water bottle heat sink?

Those folks who are experiencing spikes up to 102 or slightly higher should make sure the remote sensors on extra thermometers are not against an egg very tight. That's close to "body temp" for a small chick that's well developed in the egg. And they wiggle a bit in the egg. Possibly use a water wiggler to encase the probe? Measure air temp close to a water bottle heat sink?
The 9300 + fan kit I order from Incubator warehouse arrived last night via FedEx. The fan kit was missing and the Candler wasn't the correct one I ordered, those parts should be delivered Monday.

The 9300 checked out ok and was all warmed up, so I decided to transfer the eggs from the 7200 to the 9300. The 9300 controls are very nice, there really is no need to sit and watch a thermometer anymore, although I do have a wireless IP camera pointed at it.

The 9300 humidity meter is not very accurate at all, Sometimes it'll say 41% and a minute later it'll say 86%
The temperature control is right on the money.

There 9300 has about a 4 degree variation between the front and rear, I'm hoping the fan kit will cure that.
when it arrives.

I have not experienced any temperature spikes. The temp could increase 4 degrees if the probe gets moved from the rear of the 9300 to the front, and that could seem like a spike. I'll test a bit more when the fan kit arrives.

Does anyone trust the humidity gauge the little giant9300,came with ...I put one accurite thermometer with hygrometer in there abd it reads 68% but the gauge it came with reads 45% which one would you trust

Mine has not had Any temp spikes...the thermometer gauge actually matches my accurite thermometer I put in there...it's the humidity gauge that I don't know if I should trust

The little giant guages are not reliable. I sold my little giants and bought a GQF genesis hovabator 1588. It is awesome. Im having consistent 80-90% hatch rates

Mine has not had Any temp spikes...the thermometer gauge actually matches my accurite thermometer I put in there...it's the humidity gauge that I don't know if I should trust

That accurite is not the best mine is off two degrees and the humidity gauge is wonky too! The readout on the incubator for humidity is close to accurate between 40-60% are you using a sponge in there? Don't just pour water in it, when you see condensation on the windows it's doing that inside the egg too. What is the relative humidity where you live?
I sold mine too as I have broody hens now to do the job.

There's no condensation on the Windows of the incubator...I got two hygrometers in there...one a accurite digital and one a accurite manual one ...digital says 70% manual says 60% and the incubator says 40%

Back
Top Bottom