little giant 9300

I need help with my still air incubator I got a thermometer in there and it says 99.5 but I don't know the humidity and I don't know where to get a humidmeter what are yalls humid meters reading on your incubator meter mine says 64% but I don't wanna trust iy

I need help with my still air incubator I got a thermometer in there and it says 99.5 but I don't know the humidity and I don't know where to get a humidmeter what are yalls humid meters reading on your incubator meter mine says 64% but I don't wanna trust iy

For still air, you want to aim for around 101.5F at the top of the eggs. You can find hygrometers at pretty much any pet store that sells reptile supplies, or order them on line. If your incubator is the digital version (with the digital readout vs the knob with no readout), don't trust that thing for temp or humidity. I have one of each, and the readout on the digital is very inaccurate for both.
Good luck.

For still air, you want to aim for around 101.5F at the top of the eggs. You can find hygrometers at pretty much any pet store that sells reptile supplies, or order them on line. If your incubator is the digital version (with the digital readout vs the knob with no readout), don't trust that thing for temp or humidity. I have one of each, and the readout on the digital is very inaccurate for both.
Good luck.
thank you so much

well,one has hatched out of botched operation,i was in hospital and when I came home I messed up and got rid of a bunch of eggs that I thought should have hatched days before,plus someone had unplugged egg turner.I saved about 9 eggs that I saw movement in,
.This little one hatched earlier in the day,Got my 2ND genesis today,this one with no turner.I Will use it for lock down,or just swap turner.I still have quite a few in one of my 2 little giants.The quail layed 35 eggs yesterday,and chuchars als started laying.

Last edited:
well,one has hatched out of botched operation,i was in hospital and when I came home I messed up and got rid of a bunch of eggs that I thought should have hatched days before,plus someone had unplugged egg turner.I saved about 9 eggs that I saw movement in,
.This little one hatched earlier in the day,Got my 2ND genesis today,this one with no turner.I Will use it for lock down,or just swap turner.I still have quite a few in one of my 2 little giants.The quail layed 35 eggs yesterday,and chuchars als started laying.

Sorry to hear the sad news but at least you were able to save some. I got a Genesis for Christmas. I've used it once and had the most difficult time getting the humidity up and stable during hatching. I really think it was the cause of several DIS
sad.png

the first

the first 2

I
2nd

3rd

Ive had no trouble with humidity on gennis,.I wasn't sure when these would hatch,the ist one last night,The 2nd this morning,and I just helped the 3rd out tonight ,he was shrink wrapped.I usually watch humidity all thru the day, but today I couldn't get up.My grandson came tonight and humidinty had dropped to 27 since this morning

Are you using the right channles?#1 for setting,and #2 for hatching,and other 3 as needed for where you live.

get one from any of the incubators,stromburgs and 3 dozen more stores.I got my 2 gennis from here and a candler

Back
Top Bottom