Temps in the beginning

kcotton7

Chirping
Feb 25, 2023
Just started this journey and purchased 42 eggs to incubate. I went to the hatchery to pick them up. I currently have a Hova-bator 1602n with 3 thermometers in it. I had the temp at 99.8-100.5 for 3 days before placing eggs. I did calibrate them all, except the govee. So I have a digital that came with the incubator, I have a meat thermometer, and the govee. The digital was reading anywhere from 99.8-103.1 😳 The meat thermometer has been pretty consistent from 100-101 and the govee is reading between 99-102. I think yesterday when it was 102, it fell between the eggs. They have been for 48hrs and then temps have more high than normal. How concerned should I be if I am able to control my temps from here on out? Thanks for all the information!

just got to work on your method as you go along, youre paying attention to it and thats a good thing .. but couple things, id have the gauges near the eggs at egg level, a built in gauge generally has a remote sensor hanging in the breeze up top somewhere, good for a baseline to set temp but not ideal for what the eggs are feeling in different spots .. so just watch it regularly and get a feel for how stable things are, how ambient temp affects it, humidity etc .. i always shoot for 99 sumpin, if it falls a teeny bit cooler ok ...if its creeping 101 or higher it scares me ... so if it does that i dejust my bator baseline down and if it cools at night and swings i'd rather wrap the bator in a towel to stabilize it than risk it over temping .. so its like that, as you go along work on it, but not too high, thats the main idear ..

just got to work on your method as you go along, youre paying attention to it and thats a good thing .. but couple things, id have the gauges near the eggs at egg level, a built in gauge generally has a remote sensor hanging in the breeze up top somewhere, good for a baseline to set temp but not ideal for what the eggs are feeling in different spots .. so just watch it regularly and get a feel for how stable things are, how ambient temp affects it, humidity etc .. i always shoot for 99 sumpin, if it falls a teeny bit cooler ok ...if its creeping 101 or higher it scares me ... so if it does that i dejust my bator baseline down and if it cools at night and swings i'd rather wrap the bator in a towel to stabilize it than risk it over temping .. so its like that, as you go along work on it, but not too high, thats the main idear ..
Thank you! I digital that came with the incubator is not built in, so I have it and the govee sitting on the eggs in different locations in the incubator. I feel like I'm obsessing over it LOL

Back
Top Bottom