little giant 9300

I culled that chick this morning because it was deteriorating plus if it lived it would have had a hard life...plus I am a medic 1 so I know that intestines have to stay moist plus if you put them back in there they probably won't go back in how there supposed to be and it'll most likely end up with a bowel blockage and die anyways..so better now while it's young then when it's older and my wife and I have got attached to it.

How's that chick doing? How was your hatch? I hope everything is good!

But on the bright side

Here's 6 others that hatched out last night...and.....

Here's 3 more that hatched out 2 hours ago..they are quarantined while they dry off abd get there wits about them cuz the others were stomping them... so 9/11 ain't too bad..

The cord that attaches it to the egg has a blood vessel that runs along side it. It could also be trailing the u absorbed yolk ask and the cord with blood and the abdomen could be closed you have to look really good with clean hands to see if it's closed or not.

That's great news, good hatch rate! Sorry about the first chick you did right by it. I've got two Broody Silkies sitting on 24 eggs right now during a heatwave, their coop was 99*F today. I've been pulling them off for ice water breaks and I put a block of ice inside it, opened all the hatches. A dozen a piece is a bit much, I'm hoping I can candle soon and pull the clears.

Has anyone ever had humidity too high in the first week, in 70's, discover the problem around day 7 and Correct to humidity in 40's? I have candled and 19 out of 28 appear to be moving and we are at day 16 and humidity holding steady in 40's since day 7. Temps have been stable around 99-100 degrees. I plan to up humidity at day 18. Air sacs look a tad small but are enlarging.
Thoughts?? C

That's great news, good hatch rate! Sorry about the first chick you did right by it. I've got two Broody Silkies sitting on 24 eggs right now during a heatwave, their coop was 99*F today. I've been pulling them off for ice water breaks and I put a block of ice inside it, opened all the hatches. A dozen a piece is a bit much, I'm hoping I can candle soon and pull the clears.

Sounds like you got your work cut out for you...it's still stressful hatching even when you using a Broody..lol...but this is what we live for..

Has anyone ever had humidity too high in the first week, in 70's, discover the problem around day 7 and Correct to humidity in 40's? I have candled and 19 out of 28 appear to be moving and we are at day 16 and humidity holding steady in 40's since day 7. Temps have been stable around 99-100 degrees. I plan to up humidity at day 18. Air sacs look a tad small but are enlarging.
Thoughts?? C
just try to run that humidity as low as you can to get those air sacs to right size then increase it like normal on day 18... Could see any moisture or water inside the air sacs..cuz that could be bad

There isn't any water in the incubator and it still runs low 40's. We are in NC, so not terribly humid yet. I can't see any condensation in the air sacs, they appear dry. I suppose time will tell.

There isn't any water in the incubator and it still runs low 40's. We are in NC, so not terribly humid yet. I can't see any condensation in the air sacs, they appear dry. I suppose time will tell.

Im sure everything is gonna go perfectly fine...don't worry yourself just keep a straight head so you don't make any mistakes.

i am new to this and am wondering where are the "water channels" that you refer to?
this will be my second attempt first was a complete failure.
had 2 that formed into chicks but none survived.
i am using the 9300 with a forced air kit and just can't seem to get the humidity right.
thank you for any thoughts, help, or ideas that may help my problem.

Back
Top Bottom