Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
So how often should/can I candle the eggs. I have BCM eggs so its really hard to see them. What should I look for? I am coming up on Day 7 in a couple of days. Any help will be appreciated.

The easiest thing to see on darker eggs are veining around the air cells. I have a couple I haven't been able to see much more than that, but as long as I can see the veining, I am satisfied.

I can see next to nothing in my Maran eggs... which may be good because I can't worry about not seeing movement! LOL

I wish that we were having 70 degrees! It is so COLD over here!! I can't wait until Summer- ah... Gardening... outdoors...one of my fav things!

Did float test again... 2 were wiggling.. put them back in the bator

The others were I believe shrink wrapped according to the eggtopsy. They all had white membrane over them and I could not see them once I removed the top of the shell...

I am worried about the other two in the bator and what I should do... is it too late for them?? Is there anything I can do to help them hatch??

I am considering hatching in my Hovabator and moving all the eggs over to the LG for incubating.. but I'm even scared to do that... I feel like I could get a better Humidity control with the Hovabator and I have Maran Eggs going into lock down on April 1st!

I can see next to nothing in my Maran eggs... which may be good because I can't worry about not seeing movement! LOL

Yeah that's smart. But since this is my first I'm freaking out! I also have a nest with chickadee eggs in it and two are doing well. I saw a heart beat in one and lots of veins in another. One looks like a quitter and the other a yolker. Hopfully they hatch in about 7-8 days.

i wish that we were having 70 degrees! It is so COLD over here!!   I can't wait until Summer- ah... Gardening... outdoors...one of my fav things!

We had 70° weather up until yesterday. It was down in the 50s during the day and 40s at night. I want my warm weather back. Lol!

Last edited:
I started a different thread to show all the eggs or what I hope is all the eggs. My son is click happy sometimes. But, I have pics of the thermometers for each 'bator and the eggs within them. Hopefully I can get some advice on that thread I don't wanna ruin Silkie's post with 39 pics of eggs.
hide.gif

You're fine lol. A clear egg is what makes me worry, not being able to see something is not exactly a bad thing. Make sure you have a bright light and look for veins around the air cell as @AmyLynn2374 suggested.

You're fine lol. A clear egg is what makes me worry, not being able to see something is not exactly a bad thing. Make sure you have a bright light and look for veins around the air cell as @AmyLynn2374 suggested.
I decided on the second candling that, the dark egg was the source of the smell coming from the incubator
th.gif
(I smelled it up close and personal) Holy cow!

Back
Top Bottom