Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
I can't wait to get mine started. I too have the LG 9300 with the automatic turner. I should be getting my eggs this week. They ship tomorrow.
I couldn't wait either, so I didn't. I'm not the most patient person in the world. What breed(s) are the eggs from? I hope they arrive safely! Luckily I have a very amorous and good rooster who makes sure to keep the chicken population going.

The supplied thermometer is a glass one. I had never heard of the ice test so I looked it up and will try that for calibration. I think I will purchase a fan for the next hatch. It can only make it improve. I hate to see chicks that pip and do not make it. Thanks for the info.

Im hoping for a big improvement with the fan and the new thermometer the thermometer i bought is accurate with in 0.2 +or- and it has a probe so you can stick it through the holes on top or you can set it inside with the probe out so its egg level the last time i incubated i used the 9200 with this thermometer and got 8 out of 12 to hatch so it was not bad at all any slight change in temp this thing picks up....

I thought I was losing my mind today with this 9300. The glass thermometer was reading like 104 at the top of the eggs. And it was staying at 99.5 so I after doing the cooling for the goose eggs and misting it was still that high. So I lowered the temp. Again and now its just above 99.5 I don't want to cook my eggs on day two... This is very frustrating.

@cluckcluckgirl I am getting 6+ BCM eggs and 6+ Isbar eggs. The isbars are coming from texas and the marans from about 4 hours from me. Cheaper to ship than to drive.

i have mine right now set at 98.0 and my 3 some what accurate gauges all say 100 its crazy if you move the probe in the unit just a few inches it will change the temp in the unit im going to glue a wood block to the bottom of the probe and make a slot for it to sit in so when i turn my eggs i no its in the same spot as before plus the wood block will bring it up to egg level...

The probe should be on a plastic peice to allow you to place it on top of the eggs? My eggs are due to hatch saturday, I'm getting both nervous and excited. I hope everyone else using both the 9200 and 9300 have great hatches!

well good luck with your hatches every one i started with the probe on top of the eggs but some how it made its way to the floor i guess thats where things went wrong so i think the fan and the accurate temp gauge should help things out i no it will..

I have both the probe and the mercury thermometer on plastic ontop of the eggs. I'm so frustrated because the mercury thermometer is reading well over 100 degrees... I have turned the temp down three times today it's now set at 94 and reading well over 100 still. Will just wait until candling day which is 4 more days. But, I am so worried this won't work I ordered some chicks. What's the worst thing to happen I will just have a bunch of different kinds of chicks, a couple extra geese and a couple extra ducks. :)

Back
Top Bottom