Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
I was gonna post that I haven't had any issues with my 9200 the past few days, but I guess I better keep that to myself.
hide.gif

Just did a full egg candle on both incubators, I found several infertile and a couple blood rings that I missed on my first sweep on day 7. With those removed, I'm down to 52 eggs. All of the remaining eggs are developing well, with great movement.

So, I just wanted to see how everyone else's hatch is going? Today is day 14, I plan to do my last air cell check sometime today or tonight. Fingers crossed I'll be able to continue dry incubating until lockdown.
fl.gif

So, I just wanted to see how everyone else's hatch is going? Today is day 14, I plan to do my last air cell check sometime today or tonight. Fingers crossed I'll be able to continue dry incubating until lockdown.
fl.gif
fl.gif
for the dry incubating and lots of fuzzies in a week!!

I did my 7 day candle yesterday. I had already pulled two blood rings. I had one I found cracked at day 3ish and I put wax on it, but I don't know when or how it had gotten cracked, it looked like something hit it. That one stopped and I had another (the one that had been by the turning motor before I pulled it) that had quit and had a very visable blood ring. After candling I am pretty sure I have one more that has a bloodring started but I set that one aside and will take another look at that one on day 10 before I pull it to be sure. The rest look to be good. I have like four I can't see well cause 2 are green and 2 are medium brown and my light is weak....lol So right now it looks like 39 growing and developing. However, my bator is still being tempermental so I am struggling to keep the temps in the proper place. Air cells look decent, maybe a tiny bit big, I decided to up the humidity for just a couple days then I'll go back to my 30 range. November's hatch was so much easier running completely dry!! 2 more weeks to go.

I have a 9300 and a 9200 running right now. My faithful old (beat up) 9200 is holding steady at 101F (both are still airs), but I'm seriously about to drop kick the 9300. I ran both 'bators empty for a week and they held steady temps perfectly. Then, I put my eggs in last night and went to bed. When I woke up today, the 9200 was where it should be. The 9300, however, was reading 96.8. I've had to adjust the temp on the 9300 up to 106.5 to get it to be 101! I'm using a Brinsea Spot check to check temps in both 'bators, and each has a mercury thermometer of their own. The Brinsea is matching both mercury themometers, so I'm confident they're all accurate (and I calibrate them before each hatch to be sure). I'm seriously NOT liking my new LG. Its driving me crazy. Its where it should be now, but I'm a little bit worried about having to set the temp that high on the digital thermostat. I've used it only one other time, and I had to do the same thing, but I figured that had to do with the weather being cold and us heating with a wood stove. Nope, temps are warmer now and the wood stove isn't going right now and our house is at 70F.

Anyone else had this problem with their new LG?

I have a 9300 and a 9200 running right now. My faithful old (beat up) 9200 is holding steady at 101F (both are still airs), but I'm seriously about to drop kick the 9300. I ran both 'bators empty for a week and they held steady temps perfectly. Then, I put my eggs in last night and went to bed. When I woke up today, the 9200 was where it should be. The 9300, however, was reading 96.8. I've had to adjust the temp on the 9300 up to 106.5 to get it to be 101! I'm using a Brinsea Spot check to check temps in both 'bators, and each has a mercury thermometer of their own. The Brinsea is matching both mercury themometers, so I'm confident they're all accurate (and I calibrate them before each hatch to be sure). I'm seriously NOT liking my new LG. Its driving me crazy. Its where it should be now, but I'm a little bit worried about having to set the temp that high on the digital thermostat. I've used it only one other time, and I had to do the same thing, but I figured that had to do with the weather being cold and us heating with a wood stove. Nope, temps are warmer now and the wood stove isn't going right now and our house is at 70F.

Anyone else had this problem with their new LG?
ALOT of people have. Ask this question on the Easter Hal thread and cover your head...lol silkie-feet is like one of the only ones I know that are liking theirs...lol

Back
Top Bottom