Little Giant Incubator Tricks

Pics
This is how hubby fashioned ours - it worked great! Not a little Giant incubator but I'm sure you could do the same thing.

We had a 2" funnel & we shoved it into a small piece of 1/4" tubing. We put a holel through the side of the unit and put a cleat on the inside of the unit (he said a wide-crown staple or cable staple would work also) to hold the tubing in place. This way you can add water to the middle of the bator without missing the water troughs and without opening the unit.

Last edited:
I did the same thing tlpounds but i took a small stick and just pressed it down into the styrofoam to make a groove and laid the tubeing across. so that when I put the lid on it still sealled (sp). I have two 5cc syringes that I can add or subtract water with. so far so good.

We just started using the LG incubator with fan and Auto Rotating Egg rack-- April 17 -- I had gotten it all regulated, but not the humidity sadly no thermometer to know what it was -- so here's what im having complications with --

The room it is in is roughly between 70-75 high 40's Humidity in area -- The the thermo. it came with I got up to 99.5 that sits on top of eggs after a few tweaks. After got thermometer for Humidity / temp. -- Humidty was really low even with all wells filled and the temp was bout 91 degrees. So I added a wet rag to bring it up.. which it did -- BUT the thermometer on top of egg stays round 99.5 - 101 or so...and the other is bout 98 with humidity 50 now... I cant seem to get one point regulated without affecting another aspect.... today is day 3 based on my calculation - but no veins.. they look more like how a day 2 would..so when does the time actually begin? --

The only other place we can put it is in a room that can get pretty warm, but the air becomes dry if it gets too warm (not a big room)

Any ideas or is there a "ok" point I can reach without baking them or damage occuring... like what it is now?

getting frustrated with it =( I dont want to kill them.. have 11 that look like they took for sure

Thank You

We just started using the LG incubator with fan and Auto Rotating Egg rack-- April 17 -- I had gotten it all regulated, but not the humidity sadly no thermometer to know what it was -- so here's what im having complications with --

The room it is in is roughly between 70-75 high 40's Humidity in area -- The the thermo. it came with I got up to 99.5 that sits on top of eggs after a few tweaks. After got thermometer for Humidity / temp. -- Humidty was really low even with all wells filled and the temp was bout 91 degrees. So I added a wet rag to bring it up.. which it did -- BUT the thermometer on top of egg stays round 99.5 - 101 or so...and the other is bout 98 with humidity 50 now... I cant seem to get one point regulated without affecting another aspect.... today is day 3 based on my calculation - but no veins.. they look more like how a day 2 would..so when does the time actually begin? --

The only other place we can put it is in a room that can get pretty warm, but the air becomes dry if it gets too warm (not a big room)

Any ideas or is there a "ok" point I can reach without baking them or damage occuring... like what it is now?

getting frustrated with it =( I dont want to kill them.. have 11 that look like they took for sure

Thank You
If they get up to 103 for several hours, they could die. I wouldn't trust the thermometer that comes with the LG. Mine ran a full 7 degrees LOW (which meant if I got it up to 99.5 on that thermometer, I would've cooked my eggs). Even a cheap aquarium thermometer, or digital indoor humidity/temp gauge from Walmart will be better than that one. You could try calibrating it if you really want to, as well.

Thank You

Have you read all of the posts in this thread? I don't candle before day 10 or later and most often not until I set the eggs for hatching. I lost power the other night and the incubator went down to 70 degrees which was about 5 days out from hatch. Out of 40 eggs only 3 didn't hatch. One of those was partially hatched before it expired. I keep my temperature around 100 degrees and my humidity during incubation 35% to around 40% and at lockdown increase my humidity to around 75%. Good luck and have fun...

Last edited:
This is how hubby fashioned ours - it worked great! Not a little Giant incubator but I'm sure you could do the same thing.

We had a 2" funnel & we shoved it into a small piece of 1/4" tubing. We put a holel through the side of the unit and put a cleat on the inside of the unit (he said a wide-crown staple or cable staple would work also) to hold the tubing in place. This way you can add water to the middle of the bator without missing the water troughs and without opening the unit.

Great Idea.
thumbsup.gif
Looks like a Little Giant or Fall Harvest incubator.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom