Little Giant Incubator Tricks

I move the eggs from the hatcher to the incubator at day 18 or so. I like to keep shipped eggs upright during both incubating and hatching, but check frquently for pips at the wrong end, which can happen.

YOu might be alreight with turning off the turner. DOes you LG drop in temp or hold?? THis is also dependent on the number of eggs because they give off a lot of heat.

You know, I have only done it once so I didn't notice. I don't think it dropped but I can't be sure.

Anyone using an LG for hatching this fall???

I have eggs in right now on day 21. As soon as those ones hatch I'm putting more in. This is my first time hatching so I'll be happy if I can get even 1 to hatch.

There are a couple of other people hatching as well that are posting in the other LG thread.

Last edited:
It will be a miracle if any hatch. I put eight eggs in. Four of those were from a neighbor who got them from another neighbor. I have no idea how old they are or if they had them in the fridge but they were in the fridge at my house for a couple of days. Out of those four I still have three. The other four where from my flock but came from pullets. I only have one of those still going. That chick is very active. The four that did not make it stopped on days 5, 7, 12 and 14. This is a guesstimate based on pictures of chick development.

I have posted several pictures of the chicks as they developed but the one of the foot is my favorite
Here is the link where I posted my video and pictures of the chicks developing. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...till-air-incubator-humidity/120#post_14124423 It is post number 127.

ETA
I have the LG 9200 still air. I hit some snags but was able to quickly fix them. I know a lot of people have had problems with them but I like the hands on part of it and unless trying to hatch expensive eggs will continue to use it. I only made one mod to it which was to glue a lid to the thermostat knob. I am a stay home mom and full-time grad student so I'm here all day/night to fuss over and check on those eggs.

Last edited:
Got a Little Giant for Christmas and started our first set of chocolate orpington bantam eggs today! Our breeding stock, The Duke of Fudge (roo), Hershey and Latte' (hens), are from Greenfire Farms stock.

Thanks to all who have contributed here, as I am using this thread for reference. AdriAnn bought me the basic 6200 Little Giant with no added accessories, so the info in this thread is of great value to me.

Last edited:
Got a Little Giant for Christmas and started our first set of chocolate orpington bantam eggs today! Our breeding stock, The Duke of Fudge (roo), Hershey and Latte' (hens), are from Greenfire Farms stock.

Thanks to all who have contributed here, as I am using this thread for reference. AdriAnn bought me the basic 6200 Little Giant with no added accessories, so the info in this thread is of great value to me.

Good luck and have fun...
jumpy.gif

Thanks Cmom.
frow.gif
And thanks also for all of your time for input into this thread.

I just got the temp regulated. I have 4 thermometers in the LG and I think I have it right. Putting in the eggs now.

I have one question. I have four fresh eggs that were laid today and yesterday that I put in the LG. My question is, I have some refrigerated eggs...Will they incubate?

Last edited:
If not older than 10 days..after that they lose mega-percentages of viability.

And set them only if they are at ROOM TEMPERATURE! Cold eggs in an incubator will produce condensation moisture and suck bacteria right into them.

Back
Top Bottom