little guy stuck in egg--i do not know what i'm doing!! HELP!

yes--the hole is larger now. she should be able to get out...JEEBUS, MARY AND JOE--THIS IS NERVE WRACKING

so now i'm worrying--did I make the hole too big? she should be able to get out. I suspect you would say she my still be glued in there. I will reapply warm water to the shell edge and give her a while longer...unless you say otherwise...

yes--the hole is larger now. she should be able to get out...JEEBUS, MARY AND JOE--THIS IS NERVE WRACKING

so now i'm worrying--did I make the hole too big? she should be able to get out. I suspect you would say she my still be glued in there. I will reapply warm water to the shell edge and give her a while longer...unless you say otherwise...
leave her, make sure she is warm enough, can you check the temp????

thanks--the wet towel she was on got cold--trying to get the heat back up. it's about 90 now

I have a hot water bottle I can warm up. thnx!!!!! I am hugging you thru cyberspace!

IT'S A GIRL!! she has that little pimple vent--very easy to see when just born.

you nailed it, Liz--she was very cold. the air was warming, but her little body on that paper towel was very cold. I put her on the hot water bottle -- it's now 95 in there. She's still shaking from the cold, and chirping like the other chicks do when they're cold.

ALSO her feet looked deformed--but they were also glued up, along with the umbilical cord. I ungooked the gooey gluey. but umbilical cord still attached.

i'm late to milk my neighbors goats--but afraid to leave her. am I being too obsessive? sorry--i'm feeling really insecure right now

IT'S A GIRL!! she has that little pimple vent--very easy to see when just born.

you nailed it, Liz--she was very cold. the air was warming, but her little body on that paper towel was very cold. I put her on the hot water bottle -- it's now 95 in there. She's still shaking from the cold, and chirping like the other chicks do when they're cold.

ALSO her feet looked deformed--but they were also glued up, along with the umbilical cord. I ungooked the gooey gluey. but umbilical cord still attached.

i'm late to milk my neighbors goats--but afraid to leave her. am I being too obsessive? sorry--i'm feeling really insecure right now
just umbilical no yolk? dab with iodine if you have it or neosporin

if feet are deformed you can do shoes tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom