lockdown day count question

Congratulations @ladyh :celebrate

Even during zipping the egg they take breaks so you don't need to help them. Hatching is hard work and takes time. Once you have a hatched chick this can encourage the other eggs to get a move and start hatching.

Good luck with the rest of your hatch :fl

Last edited:
Congratulations @ladyh
celebrate.gif

Even during zipping the egg they take breaks so you don't need to help them. Hatching is hard work and takes time. Once you have a hatched chick this can encourage the other eggs to get a move and start hatching.

Good luck with the rest of your hatch
fl.gif

Is it normal for one to sit a lot like they are weak whereas the other is standing...the weak one doesn't have a deformity or spread legs or anything, just seems lagging behind and walks scrunched down?

He's trying...to stand and is doing it a little bit then laying down..seems healthy. Other one is eating but he isn't yet... I'm probably reading more into it then necessary, but the chicks I got from Prichett Hatchery, were already a day old when I got them. I could tell immediately which were pullets and which were cockerells.

He may just need a little more time, each chick is individual. Have you dipped the beaks gently in the water so they know where it is? Also tapping the food with your finger encourages them to come and investigate it and start to peck.

Have any more hatched yet?

He may just need a little more time, each chick is individual. Have you dipped the beaks gently in the water so they know where it is? Also tapping the food with your finger encourages them to come and investigate it and start to peck.

Have any more hatched yet?

Back
Top Bottom