lockdown day count question

If you go for the 9th to stop turning that should be ok. Because if you set on the 22nd the 9th is three days before hatch day but if you set the 25th or 26th it's after the 14th day of incubation. I would not put the humidity up untill you know what is happening with them as a full week of high humidity may not do them any good if they were set on the 25/26th.

If you go for the 9th to stop turning that should be ok. Because if you set on the 22nd the 9th is three days before hatch day but if you set the 25th or 26th it's after the 14th day of incubation. I would not put the humidity up untill you know what is happening with them as a full week of high humidity may not do them any good if they were set on the 25/26th.

Looking at the size of your air sac I would say you are heading towards the 14th day of incubation. If the egg is looking pretty full in there I would say so.
If you lockdown on the 10th you should be ok.

I couldn't see in your egg for embryo development but based on your air sac size you are heading for day 14 so day 12 today does sound right.

Don't worry about being a newbie, we all were at one stage!! My first hatch was a total bust nothing hatched, nothing even developed as the incubator just cooked them!! I didn't check anything and trusted the incubator which was a big no no. I learnt my lesson and got better at it after lots of reading and research.
Even incubating now fills me with worry, panic & joy all rolled into one.

Back
Top Bottom