Log Cabin project has begun.

Greatest tool ever invented for cutting metal!!!!!

Other half the roof on and ridge cap put on. The roof is done, now I have to finish the end walls and put Hardware cloth up and turn this into the Brooder for the final weeks of growth. Then the run build will start.

Awesome! I curently have a old 8'x16' 8' hight dirt floor coop, with a large fenced run. It doesnt have too many years left. This is the second log cabin style coop i've saw on backyardchickens. My father had a large one made with skinny logs when I was a kid. My next coop will be log.

Nice job!

Got the gable ends covered with saplings, next will be doing the chicken wire and hardware cloth protection. Followed by the door, still haven't figured out that yet.

Cool little building!

If you're going to use hardware cloth, I don't think you'll need chicken wire.

I'm using both. Hardware cloth outside the coop where the predators have room to try and get into the run. Chicken wire on the inside of the coop where space is limited and there isn't enough room for the predators to chew or pull on the wire.

Work some more on the coop this week. I have decided to stop the walls, working alone most the time and dealing with large logs is dangerous with out the right equipment. So, a come-a-long and block and tack is not going to make it safe for me to go any higher with the walls.

So, I have left them where they are and made the peak higher, this should help with snow and other debris that may fall on roof. It is a little out of square, but it is hand made with little to no experience. So I'm happy so far.

I don't think DH & I have ever made anything that was totally square!
gig.gif

The pitched roof looks really good! I can't wait to see the finished project! :)

Back
Top Bottom