London 2012!

I was disappointed in the opening, other ones have been much better.

old.gif

It's an orgy of greed hiding behind the honest efforts of many hard working amateur athletes and a few professional sport people. Two weeks after its over they may, if we are lucky, stop talking about it and return to reporting the important news more fully.

The opening ceremony was a tribute to a British agricultural and industrial era that's long gone and probably meant very little to foreign visitors. I don't see how it was relevant to 2012. Perhaps a parade of fraudulent bankers would have been more appropriate.

I had not seen an olympic opening before but i had the tv on as I was cleaning and found myself enchanted by the pagentry. No matter one's political or economical oppinion there is something almost heroic about the whole thing. Each country coming together for a chance to shine against each other in a world wide game. Each host country gets to display their culture and history. While the olympics has its problems I was impressed on how it allowed many cultures and people to mingle and learn about one another when they likely would not have ever had that chance otherwise.

The unknown athletes get a chance to show off' even for a breif moment. Insted of it being about strait winning, they are happy to just place, or even qualify for the olympics period.

I love the "Go World" slogan. It sort of sums of the Olympics for me. I liked the Parade of Nations, and really enjoyed watching the Synchronized Diving. The Chinese athletes are amazing at that event!

Back
Top Bottom