bumblefoot question

awagnon

Songster
11 Years
Dec 3, 2012
Gainesville, TX area
Looks like one of my girls has the beginnings of bumblefoot. I will be soaking her foot and treating with Neosporin. My question is if I wrap her foot with gauze and some of the self sticking sports wrap will it stay on if I return her to the flock afterwards or will she or the other girls try to peck it off? Don't really have anything to keep her in indoors for any length of time as yet.

I wrapped a duck's foot with that and it stayed on a couple days until I removed it to put a clean one
Just dont use the color red
I did also use a piece of medical tape around the wrap just to hold it on

Looks like one of my girls has the beginnings of bumblefoot. I will be soaking her foot and treating with Neosporin. My question is if I wrap her foot with gauze and some of the self sticking sports wrap will it stay on if I return her to the flock afterwards or will she or the other girls try to peck it off? Don't really have anything to keep her in indoors for any length of time as yet.
Look at some YouTube videos on how to wrap a chicken's foot so it stays on.
Mine have stayed on up to 3 days between treatments. I think I have only had one come off.
Don't use red.

Thanks everyone. I had some flesh colored sports wrap that I cut down to 1" wide and used some of that. Happy to see she still had it on tonight despite her little flock bff trying to 'help' her out of it. They have since become bored with it and are doing their regular chickenin things in the run. She's not even limping with the extra stuff on the one foot.

Back
Top Bottom