London 2012!

Nope but we blew up a bunch of people... Well he was from Tn so we can blame that on them.

Then there was the Redneck Games that happened...

Well the bomb only killed one person. More can die in a movie then that. And the guy was born in Florida then moved to N. Carolina. Was kicked out of the Army for smoking weed.

And I liked the red neck games.

caf.gif

I don't know why people are picking apart the opening ceremony; I like British history, and I think they did a good job. Then again, I haven't been around long enough to see too many.

I enjoyed it as well. I like the spectacle and the part in the "industrial revolution" scene where they paused in memory of soldiers lost in WWI moved me to tears. I think it was the music. Also can't go wrong with Paul McCartney performing...

This is the only time I ever am sad about not having television. I really do love the Olympics. I had a friend growing up who was training to be an Olympic gymnast. Sadly, she passed away due to medical malpractice at 15 years old before she could show the world what she was made of. She would have turned 22 yesterday.

Anyway, if anyone finds a video of the opening ceremony, you should post it here! Though I must say, I am not all that bummed about missing Paul McCartney. I despise the Beatles.
hide.gif

I thought the opening ceremony was a delight... Made me think a lot about all the wonderful countries and people there are around the world... and of course some that aren't so good...

I only saw the parade of countries, but I must say it was neat to see all the different countries and their clothing choices.. My kids on other hand asleep within 20 min. Too funny!! Then I put on CSI or something non child friendly!!!

Back
Top Bottom