lonely duck

Hayleyandbrit

Hatching
Apr 25, 2016
Hi, I'm looking for advice on house to get a companion for my duck. She's very tame 5 months old hand reared and lives alone with me. She is obviously very attached to me and when I take her to see other adult ducks she completely ignores or hides if they approach her she hides behind me. One she was on my lap and I held a baby duckling at the same time and she started shaking! I don't know if I should get her a companion the same age as her or get a baby to go up with her. Also I think it's better to have another female? Any advice appreciated tia

Hi, I'm looking for advice on house to get a companion for my duck. She's very tame 5 months old hand reared and lives alone with me. She is obviously very attached to me and when I take her to see other adult ducks she completely ignores or hides if they approach her she hides behind me. One she was on my lap and I held a baby duckling at the same time and she started shaking! I don't know if I should get her a companion the same age as her or get a baby to go up with her. Also I think it's better to have another female? Any advice appreciated tia

Lol my female duck (Quinn) did the same thing she was very attached to me and when I got new ducklings to keep her company her head was shaking/vibrating and she was attacking them, it was eather out of fear or she was trying to assert herself thinking they were a threat. I made a big mistake not getting duckling buddies for her early on. So I would say just to get about 2 females or a male and a female ducklings and let them grow up. Just make sure they are protected from the bigger duck because she could get aggressive. Eventually she'll get used to them and realize how similar they are lol. Good luck to you and your ducky!

Back
Top Bottom