Long Islanders.... I know you are out there

Pics
Same here. I know someone now upstate who has a fairly large flock, about 30 hens and 4 roo's. If it doesn't workout with Skibbo's contact then I'll give him a call and see if he wants another. You would however have to pay for shipping, which was $36 dollars plus the box. I had to buy two boxes minimum so I still have an extra box in the shed, that is if i't didn't get waterlogged. Good luck. I guess you found out the same way I did...your in the yard and all of a sudden you hear it... My little guy sounded like a toy with the batteries almost flat.

Thanks. I will let you know how it works out.. I hope he goes to a good home since he is very sweet. He is only 3 weeks old so he didn't crow yet, but you can very much tell the difference between him and his hens. I would keep him for a couple more weeks until he is feathered out and I can be 100% sure he is a rooster. But as of now I am about 99% sure

I read through all of the New Yorkers and when I went to respond to some of the LIers I couldn't find their posts./img/smilies/he.gif SO I started a new thread just for fellow islanders...I'd love to know if there are any chicken people around.....When I tell people I have chickens they look at me like I'm crazy./img/smilies/ep.gif

I'm in Smithtown, Suffolk County /img/smilies/frow.gif

PS I love the smilies
hi there iam in Long Island and having a hard time finding ducklings I had a mallard egg and it died the day it was supposed to hatch on Sunday so iam looking to purchase either eggs or a duckling do you know of anyone or any place? Please help?

Hi DuckEgg
We live in Selden and have 6 hens.....wish that we could have more :) 
Frank
hi frank iam having a really difficult time ringing ducks for sale years ago you could buy a duckling at every farm stand and now you can't Long Island is famous for ducks and yet I can't find anyone who I can buys some from you put ducks in on Google and get Chinese food places this is ridiculous

Yo duckegg!
welcome-byc.gif
Maybe your local Agway can point you in the right direction for a local source of ducklings/duck eggs?

Hi duckegg. Agway is an agricultural store. There's one in Port Jefferson and another in Riverhead. I go there to get some supplies. There one in Riverhead is twice the size and according has a much larger inventory. I got a few chicks from riverhead last year but I never seen these do ducks. I probably would haven gotten a few also if I seen them. here's the links. let me know what you find out.
www.agwayofportjefferson.com
www.talmagefarm.com

Hi duckegg. Agway is an agricultural store. There's one in Port Jefferson and another in Riverhead. I go there to get some supplies. There one in Riverhead is twice the size and according has a much larger inventory. I got a few chicks from riverhead last year but I never seen these do ducks. I probably would haven gotten a few also if I seen them. here's the links. let me know what you find out.
www.agwayofportjefferson.com
www.talmagefarm.com

Point being, Talmage at least might have some idea of where you might find some ducklings other than Pekings, or even be willing to special order if you want enough.
idunno.gif
Worth a try. And they probably have all the supplies you could want. And are willing to special order all sorts of things - and there's a lot they have in stock that you won't see on the floor.

On Sound Ave there's some place (can't remember the name, north of Northville Turnpike) that sells ducks, among other things (goats) - just vaguely recall the hand-painted sign while driving by at some point.

I think Crescent Duck Farm in Aquebogue just raises Peking ducks, and only for commercial purposes. I don't think they sell ducklings. Unless that's Agway's source...

Back
Top Bottom