Long Islanders.... I know you are out there

Hi Smudge, this thread isn't very busy but here is another you can try…

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/534036/southern-ny-dutchess-county-and-below/10530#post_10793148

Welcome
welcome-byc.gif
to BYC!

Hi Everyone.
I'm from from Mastic/ Shirley Long Island. I have 6 hens which I got this year about a week before Easter. I am currently in the process of building their coop in my backyard.
Have any of you ever thought of having a meetup or get together to share ideas, etc in person?

Hi Everyone.
I'm from from Mastic/ Shirley Long Island. I have 6 hens which I got this year about a week before Easter. I am currently in the process of building their coop in my backyard.
Have any of you ever thought of having a meetup or get together to share ideas, etc in person?
Hi! All us Long Islanders are here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/534036/southern-ny-dutchess-county-and-below/10530#post_10793148

Welcome! I'm in Miller Place, I look forward to seeing you over there!
welcome-byc.gif

Update on the North Fork Hen House Tour

A self-guided tour of North Fork hen houses is being planned for Saturday, June 15, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The purpose of the tour is to raise awareness of backyard poultry, to celebrate hometown hen houses, and to share enthusiasm for raising chickens.

The tour will be self-guided; visitors will be given a map with directions to each of the locations and then they can pick and choose which places that they want to visit.
Participants will pick up their maps at the Long Island Horticultural Research & Extension Center at 3059 Sound Ave. There will be a $5 fee per vehicle to obtain a map; this fee will help to pay for printing and advertising costs.

The interest in raising backyard chickens has exploded in the past 5 years and the east end of Long Island has its share of beautiful chickens. This Hen House Tour is being organized to celebrate hometown chickens and to demonstrate how rewarding it is as an earth-friendly practice that supports living a sustainable lifestyle. If you would like to participate on the tour, or if you have a hen house that you are especially proud of and are willing to be one of the sites on the tour, please call Dr. Bridgen at 631-727-3595 or email him at [email protected].

Bumping - North Fork Hen House Tour is tomorrow!

Probably won't check it out myself - dealing with a sick kid. (Hospital says pneumonia, based on X-ray, but I'm skeptical.)

Either way, probably not a good idea for a kid with a fever and breathing problems.

The North Fork Hen House Tour yesterday was a great success! More than 275 people registered for the event and the weather was PERFECT! This was a first time experience for us, and I am sure that we will do it again!

Back
Top Bottom