Long Islanders.... I know you are out there

Pics
We got the chickens a few years ago so they are older than 2. I'm not sure but looking at them it looks like we have 2 buff orphingtons and 2 silver laced Wyandotte. We did have 2 austrolaps and another 1 but they died. This is the first time we are getting chicks but from all the research I've done looks like I'm going to order from ideal poultry.

We wish we had a farm too. That's actually what we are hoping for in a few yours is to move to a country area with tons of property and a farm. Lol

I have ordered from the before. How many are you ordering? There is normally a minimum when ordering. I have chicks coming from Murray McMurray end of March. What breed are you ordering? Are they just for eggs or for dinner too?

We are going to order 12. I've picked out a variety of breeds (can't remember which ones) but we do want dual purpose birds.

I looked a Murray McMurry but their shipping fees seemed very high.

I order for multiple people so I split the shipping cost among everyone. I'm thinking about doing some meat birds this year too. I'd like to eventually become as self sufficient as possible. Small scale homesteading hopefully. Would be nice to eventually not have to buy store bought chicken anymore.

Us too. We are also trying to be as self sufficient as possible. I'm really looking forward to the chicks. We've never raised them from babies so it will be quite a learning curve.

Hello Oakdale.
1f603.png

Back
Top Bottom