Long Woods colony house floor

As I was reading through this again, it suddenly occurred to me there could be a few problems with attaching multiple Woods house modules together to make one long house. First one is if you have multiple modules all attached together, you have to go through one to get to the other....which creates a serious problem for daily chores. If only two modules, you can include doors on both sides.

But the second may be more important......it screws up the ventilation patterns.
Standard house has open front, monitor windows and windows on both sides that you can open up in hot summer months to let it breath......putting a solid divider down the middle blows that up. But not putting a solid divider down the middle means you loose the cushion affect......that is what allows the wide open ventilation, yet leaving the back where the roost bars are "draft free" dead air.

Thinking out loud here...........

I was thinking a few things. Front wall hinged in and up. To make clean out easier. And a solid divider wall laid out with traditional size west window that closes up tight too. And a door to other side. As well as a door/window on east and west walls.
These 2-10' x16 sections will have screen divider at 5' giving 2- 5x16' Probably using sold subdivided back wall in between the roost areas.

As far as a window I know a inner one will not play the same way that the outer window does. I hate to go to a 20x20 with wire interior walls. Being 20 wide already (2-10' ) does that 4 foot of depth really give that much more to design?
Scott

Back
Top Bottom