Look at my cool egg!

GemW

Chirping
May 17, 2023
Nebraska
Our first quail just started laying about 3 weeks ago. Since then we've gotten 4/5 actively laying. I am so fascinated by it. Even though their eggs are different every day, each hen has a specific overall look to her eggs, so I can tell who's is who's. Today, I only got 3, so I'm not sure if this is the overall look of the 5th hen with 2 absent layers or just a fluke but it is certainly different and I think its cool!

Side note is that one of the other eggs i got today was also streaked somewhat so not sure if it was just something environmental, but still definatelt different!

Attachments

• 20230625_203213.jpg
    20230625_203213.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230625_203220.jpg
    20230625_203220.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 14
Our first quail just started laying about 3 weeks ago. Since then we've gotten 4/5 actively laying. I am so fascinated by it. Even though their eggs are different every day, each hen has a specific overall look to her eggs, so I can tell who's is who's. Today, I only got 3, so I'm not sure if this is the overall look of the 5th hen with 2 absent layers or just a fluke but it is certainly different and I think its cool!

Side note is that one of the other eggs i got today was also streaked somewhat so not sure if it was just something environmental, but still definatelt different!
Wow!

Looks like it rolled around in the cage for a while or something and the spotting on the outside rubbed off you can do the same thing if you take a wet paper towel and rubbed the egg a little bit.

Looks like it rolled around in the cage for a while or something and the spotting on the outside rubbed off you can do the same thing if you take a wet paper towel and rubbed the egg a little bit.
Huh. Interesting. My husband thought it looked dirty but I didn't rub it much and not with water because these are going in the 'bator

Back
Top Bottom