Look how quickly they grow!!

LDev

Songster
10 Years
May 31, 2013
Scotland
I’ve posted quite a bit over the past week because I hatched out my first ever lot of chicks using my broody hen. I knew chick’s grew quickly but this is way faster than I envisaged...my husband has now been tasked with the extending of the broody coop to fit them in and finish the guttering in the main run. This is so I can put them in the big run while the other ladies are out scratching in the garden. They are so cute so here’s another couple of pics to show their growth😁

Attachments

• B2CEC19B-5BFC-4676-A5DE-C49E4194006E.jpeg
    B2CEC19B-5BFC-4676-A5DE-C49E4194006E.jpeg
    562.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 1FDC6FBD-CFFF-4217-9E6E-9A9367838EED.jpeg
    1FDC6FBD-CFFF-4217-9E6E-9A9367838EED.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 13
what kind of chick is the brown one in your picture? I have one with the same patterns
and the lady at the feed store says shes an easter egger but I don't think she is.
the closest match in egger family is an olive egger chick but i don't know.

what kind of chick is the brown one in your picture? I have one with the same patterns
and the lady at the feed store says shes an easter egger but I don't think she is.
the closest match in egger family is an olive egger chick but i don't know.
That one is a pure breed Welsummer so lays chocolate brown eggs (well probably not this one as pretty sure it’s a boy lol!) I have another two chipmunk pattern chicks and they are Indian Game crosses (Welsummer in the mix one generation ago)it’s quite a common patterning for different breeds though (as well as cross breeds and some hybrids I believe)

Back
Top Bottom