Look what I found yesterday!

Yeah that guy I get some of my peafowl from never got chicks from his green pair. When I visited him this year he said the green peacock had died of old age. Now he just has the hen in with a blackshoulder peacock. So did you pick him up at Elton's?

I really love the greens. I know it sounds weird but them not having as many peachicks might be a good thing for me. My parents don't like all the peachicks especially when I hand raise them so green peafowl would cut down on the amount of chicks I guess. Someday I will hopefully have a green peafowl breeding program. I am just being picky about what age, from who, etc I want to start off with. Did you have an indoor area for your Java pair? I was wondering if I would need an indoor area that can be closed off for green peafowl.

those necks on them are amazing the height and direction they can travel. I've seen our move it in a 360deg turn. I guess to clean all those train feathers you need that kind of neck

If you can try and get some feather close-ups on his wing and neck. I just love seeing their feather detail!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom