Look what we caught today

AccidentalFarm

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 29, 2007
Texas
...a Coral Snake - in my garden, next to the coop. DH caught it and stuck it in a soda bottle. We are going to relocate it to the far end of our property, about 10 acres away. I wonder how the chickens would have dealt with this guy?
coralsnake.jpg

BigR
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
I almost choked on a jelly bean over that one!!

Are those snakes poisonous???
ep.gif
UGH!! We found our first garden snake today...my grandson found it while we were mowing.

Garden snakes....I can handle....NO OTHERS!!!

VERY poisonous - be careful handling that one. There is a King snake that looks like a coral snake - what is the color rhyme? Red next to black, your safe Jack - red next to yellow - kill a fellow. Looks like red next to yellow to me! I still wouldn't kill it - they won't harm you if you don't harm it. But, be very careful!

molly

Last year mowing I found the King snake that looks like the coral snake. Coral snakes don't live here but it still scared me half to death. Snakes are cold blooded would freezing kill it?

Freezing would absolutely kill it. "Cold blooded" just means that it can't shiver and doesn't keep a steady body temperature.

I don't know if I'd be as nice as to relocate a coral snake. Maybe... but once you got it in the bottle, sheesh... I'd kill it. It is dangerous to pets and kids.

-MTchick

Back
Top Bottom