Looking for 5,000 eggs.

keystonepaul

Songster
11 Years
May 14, 2008
Pocono
Holy estrogen batman. We'll I'm up to 5 really broody hens and 3-5 other wanna be's. So if anyone has oh I don't know 5,000 eggs they want hatched bring em on over my girls will do the job. Actually I have one with three chicks seperated from everyone and three broodies in thier own little three nest house setting on eggs and seperate from the others as of 11pm tonight. I have one other determined maran I need to break, my penedesenca has been spending time nest sitting off and on. I've had hens laying on the ground cause the nests (4 boxes for 15 hens, were full of broodies, I've had 6 hens in 4 (12x12x11) nesting boxes at one time, etc etc. Well three girls have thier own apartment, one with three wee ones has her own place and the batchelorettes have their own big lay to your hearts content space free of determined broodies (almost) all to thier own as well. So things are pretty well under control now... right....... someone tell me it'll be ok....D
Keystonepaul

Last edited:
Oh K-Paul, the ladies are full of motherly love at your place. It is so tempting to give them each a dozen eggs and have little families all over in three weeks. Don't you need more chickies?
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy

Hey I've got to be laughing too for you to be laughing with me.....
We'll I'm getting quite educated as well. Todays lesson: chickens do indeed peck AND bite.
hmm.png
time to hit the hay (my own, not thiers!!) enjoy, Keystonepaul

Back
Top Bottom